With June 21st fast approaching, we thought we’d give you a stylish hand in showing your old man just how special he is. Get the date in the diary and put a smile back on his face with the perfect Father’s day gift guide from Milton Green.
Let’s start as we mean to go on. Our British made ties are handcrafted in Peterborough from 100% silk. With a price point of £30, this is a piece that isn’t going to break the bank and with a variety of patterns and designs, you can’t go wrong. For a more reserved and refined look we’d go with the neat navy and white tie, a truly perfect match under a white or pale blue shirt.
If you fancy something a little more fruity, we recommend our paisley and green pocket square. This unique piece is hand crafted and you won’t find this on the high street. A unique gift if we don’t say so ourselves.
They say a man can never have enough shirts but if you’re going to get him one for Father’s Day, make it a Milton Green. We recommend our friend, Lucas. It’s an ambidextrous piece to say the least and at £25, you can’t go wrong. In or out the office this one’s a real winner.
Chaps. Let’s face it, every Tom, Dick and Harry will be getting there dad a DVD for Father’s day. Do the right thing and treat your old man to a Milton Green. Oh, and it’s 15% off your total basket with the code ‘Fathers15′.
It’s the end of an era and what a fashionable one at that. With Don Draper disappearing from our screens for good, we thought what better way to celebrate than to pay tribute to the best dressed bloke to grace our boxes over the last seven years.
We have picked out his best ensembles and given them a Milton Green twist so you can bring a bit of Don to an office near you. As he once famously said, “When a man walks into a room, he brings his whole life with him”. So we salute you Don and let’s make it a bloody good entrance …
Starting the list with the Draper staple, The classic white shirt. At Milton Green we offer a variety of options but for that extra edge we recommend non-iron favourites Hayden or Upton.
There’s something about Don Draper in a simple black silk tie that makes any ensemble seem impeccable. Hugely understated we think it’s time for a comeback. Milton Green offer both wide and slim options for you to bring a slick edge to your formal wardrobe.
Yes yes we know its not Don wearing the navy polka dot tie but you have to admit Mr Sterling looks rather strapping. Our Polka Dot Ties are all hand made in a lovley little spot called Peterbourgh. Grabs yours from the Link below:
Thanks for the ride, Don.
“If anyone knows a good quality shirt it’s Lee Hamilton. The former menswear buyer at John Lewis for the past 40 years, he’s worked with brands including Burberry, Duchamp, Ralph Lauren and Yves Saint Laurent, and now he’s set up his own company, joining forces with his son Elliot and creative director Ashley Lockwood to create the ultimate men’s work wear brand, Milton Green. Next week they’ll be launching a new selection of handmade silk British ties and pocket squares to add to their second collection. Visit milton-green.com for more information.”
Dreary January getting you down? Never fear. We’ve chosen some highlights from 2014 and stand out’s from our new SS15 range that are sure to be a hit this year. These pieces have been hand-picked by team here at Milton Green so they are sure to get you noticed wherever you are.
Lyall – Yes, we know you may have seen him before but it’s such a standout we couldn’t resist you meeting him again. This dobby checked easy care was our top seller in 2014 and we’ve just had a small restock, so grab him while you still can!
Hand Made Pocket Squares – You asked for em’, you got em’. We worked with well known designer in Peterborough to produce our first collection of handmade pocket squares. Made in England, by British designers, you won’t get any closer to home than this. There are paisleys, poka dots and our personal favourite – dogged tooth checks. Their limited edition and limited in stock so once they are gone, they’re gone!
Ties – our silk ties were so popular in 2014 we thought we’d branch out and bring some bold, brave and bespoke patterns into the new year. This range of ties have again been made in England in keeping with our roots and ethos of utilising the home grown talent that Britain has to offer. You won’t be missed wearing one with these numbers either!
Milton Green goes Herringbone - We wanted to produce a classic pattern with a Milton Green inspired twist. We were not satisfied with one, so we did two. This classic herringbone with cutaway collar is pure cotton and looks great with a half windsor tie. This non iron style will last a lifetime and you won’t find a better quality shirt for £30. They come in two styles, white and blue. New Year, New you!
Uh-Oh. It’s that time of year again. That time of year where you make 100 different promises to yourself and by January the 4th you’ve already skipped yoga, forgot you’d turned vegan and you’re sitting in the local, pint in hand watching Jeff read out the final scores – we’ve all been there.
Good job the team at Milton Green are on hand to help. We’ve come up with some New Years resolutions that don’t involve yoga, quinoa or Jeff Stelling so if we can do it, so can you.
1. Learn some new Knots. There’s more than one way to do your tie chaps. Depending on your shirt style you should be equipped to tie a number of different styles to match your ensemble. Let’s take a cutaway collar for example. A ‘windsor’ knot will fill the wider collar far better than a standard tie knot. It also emphasises your tie far more effectively. Little things make a big difference, gents!
2. Iron out some creases and save some pennies. The average male dry cleaning bill is over £300 per year. Now, we know as well as the next bloke that you’ve got to do your suits but cleaning and ironing your shirts can save a fortune. So get your whites on with fabric softener, whitening agent and a tab (we love fairy’s ‘liqui-tabs’) and they’ll come up good as new. Do your ironing in front of the TV just once a week and bobs your uncle, you’ve saved enough for that Milton Green you’ve been eyeing up.
3. Shave well. Now we know the electric Razor that Aunt Jude got you for Christmas looks great, but gents, beards are for hipsters with fanny packs. Invest in a decent shaving kit and some good moisturiser to match. Aim to shave well once a week – there’s nothing wrong with a bit of stubble either! We recommend Triumph & Disaster, made from natural ingredients found in New Zealand.
4. If you buy cheap, you buy twice. We’re pretty fed up of high street stores (we won’t name and shame) knocking out poorly made, overpriced pieces that just don’t last. This doesn’t mean that you should buy the most expensive product on the market, but buy home grown quality brands that you know will last a lifetime. So if you’re buying brogues, go to Loake, if you’re looking to stay dry, shop London Undercover and if you want a good suit, go to Saville Row. Oh and if you want a shirt that’s going to last, you’ve come to the right place.
5. Add a Milton Green to your formalwear collection. We had to save the most important till last guys! Our collections are limited in numbers, we don’t wholesale and we don’t compromise price with quality. If you want a shirt that can be worn in and out of the office, will last a lifetime and won’t cost your yearly dry cleaning bill, give us a try, we won’t disappoint.
With Christmas approaching fast, its only right we give you the low-down on our favourites from our new collection, whilst mixing it with some newly stocked old darlings. This gift guide gives you the essentials for the perfect purchase this Christmas. Whether it’s a stocking filler or the perfect shirt to wear Christmas day – we’re on hand to find that extra special Christmas gift. So grab yourself a sherry, sit back and let us ease you into the festive season..
5. Let’s start the list with one of our old friends the Upton. Just restocked, this classic white non-iron double cuff is the office essential. If you’re looking for a staple this season you won’t go wrong with this timeless piece.
4. A new introduction for AW14. We’d like to meet our good friend Piers. He puts the check in check-mate, this button down easy care is the perfect casual shirt to be worn for them winter weekends under a grey marl jumper.
3. It wouldn’t be Christmas without a classic silk tie. The perfect stocking filler, this wine coloured number is pure silk and hand finished…a match made in heaven for any light blue or white shirt.
2. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without an easy care from Milton Green. This statement gingham check is ideal to wear on Christmas day. A perfect casual number that can be worn with chinos, jeans and even underneath that dodgy Christmas jumper. So here he is ladies and gents…presenting Bobby.
1. Number one and quite rightly so. Here’s the main man himself Ronnie. This shirt is truly the talk of the office. It’s a classic under a suit, stunning on its own or with a tie. Our boy Ron can literally can be worn with anything (well, almost).
So that’s a wrap folks! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. All we ask is you watch the shirts with all that wine!